Today, at the University of Hull, we had our annual meeting to present and discuss project updates. The agenda covered the progress to date, key achievements, programme-level activity (Will Mayes), as well as all the five project work packages updates and plans:
- WP1 – Biogeochemical processes controlling metal(loid) release from
alkaline residues (Andy Hobson, Ian Burke / Doug Stewart)
- WP2 – Remediation and recovery: demonstration of metal(loid) recovery and WP3 – Upscaling release and recovery under environmental conditions (Helena Gomes, Mike Rogerson, Will Mayes)
- WP4 – Systems analysis: policy frameworks, stakeholder engagement and LCA (Pauline Deutz, Helen Baxter, Amanda Gregory, Jonathan Atkins)
- WP5 – Technology transfer – feasibility studies on other alkaline wastes (Andy Bray, Will Mayes)
- Mobile laboratory (Mike Rogerson)
Anne Velenturf, Programme Coordinator of the RRfW, was also present.